Petchem Firm Praises Energy Conservation Campaign Success with Over 300,000 Households Involved

Petchem Firm Praises Energy Conservation Campaign Success with Over 300,000 Households Involved
(Tuesday, February 17, 2026) 13:45

TEHRAN, Feb 17 (NIPNA) - Iran's National Petrochemical Company (NPC) highlighted the success of its "Nabz Energy" campaign in boosting public participation in energy conservation, with Zagros and Pardis petrochemical firms leading the adoption of innovative management models, a senior official said.


Ali Rabbani, the company's energy consumption optimization manager, noted that the two firms were the first to embrace the risks of new energy management approaches, contributing to a surge in household involvement to over 302,000, aligning with government-private sector collaboration to enhance national energy security.

Speaking at the fourth "Energy Mondays" event and the third draw for individual prizes in the Nabz Energy campaign, Rabbani told NIPNA news agency that the initiative traces back to 2014, when fuel supply constraints and the need to cut energy use prompted measures like using liquid fuels for power generation.

"Although we faced numerous obstacles in the early years, convergence between government sectors, universities, energy service companies and non-governmental organizations paved the way for implementation," he said.

Rabbani added that after initial successes at Zagros and Pardis, other companies joined, demonstrating how collaboration and knowledge-sharing can deliver practical solutions for reducing consumption and boosting efficiency.

He outlined key achievements over the past year, including a jump in participating households from about 140,000 to over 302,000—a growth of more than 230%—indicating that repeated positive habits can drive real changes in consumption patterns.

Part of the targeted 10% reduction in energy use has been achieved through behavioral shifts and waste minimization, Rabbani said, even amid colder weather in some provinces that increased demand.

Emphasizing behavior modification as the primary path to savings, he noted that a 10% cut in household gas consumption—where over 550 million cubic meters are used daily—could play a pivotal role in ensuring stable energy supplies and supporting production.

Rabbani described the campaign's incentive mechanism, where citizens earn points via the nabzenergy.ir website for educational actions, inviting others and sharing saving experiences, with points convertible to charitable causes. Last year, public contributions funded 610 wheelchairs for the needy, with more distributions planned in Golestan province next week.

In the latest prize draw, winners included recipients of 3,000 one-million-toman cash awards, 400 35-million-toman facilities for high-efficiency equipment and 10 150-million-toman facilities for engine room upgrades.

Rabbani urged Iranians, particularly in Gilan, Mazandaran and Golestan provinces, to join the national effort through the website to reduce energy waste and access tens of thousands of prizes.

 

Email is required
Characters left: 500
Comment is required